Imbalanced Nutrition: Less Than Body Requirements related to inadequate food intake, anorexia, nausea / vomiting.
1. Assess nutritional history, including a preferred food. Observation and record food intake.
Rationale: This action is to monitor caloric intake or lack of quality of food consumption.
2. Give a little and eat the right foods of little extras.
Rationale: This action is gastric dilatation can occur when feeding too quickly after a period of anorexia.
3. Maintain a schedule of regular weighing.
Rationale: This action is overseeing the effectiveness of weight loss or nutrition intervention.
4. Discuss the food and input in a pure diet.
Rationale: this action is to increase the input, increase the sense of participation / control diet.
5. Observation and record the occurrence of nausea / vomiting, and other symptoms associated.
Rationale: This action is Gastro Intestinal symptoms can show the effects of anemia (hypoxia) in the organ.
6. Collaboration for referral to a dietitian.
Rationale: This action is necessary help in planning a diet that meets the nutritional needs of the client.
Source : http://screware.blogspot.com/2013/06/malaria-5-nursing-interventions.html