Sleep is essential for health. Signs of life such as consciousness, pulse and respiratory rate changes. In normal sleep, normally functioning motor nerves, sensory nerves also for activities that require coordination with the central nervous system will be blocked, so that when sleep tends to not move and responsiveness was reduced.
Do you have trouble sleeping? Insomnia is difficulty initiating sleep and maintaining sleep. Usually trouble sleeping due to disturbances in the timing and mechanism of sleep. This is usually exacerbated by unhealthy behaviors, such as irregular hours of sleep, often staying up late, and the habit of consuming anything containing caffeine such as coffee and cigarettes.
There are several implications arising from lack of sleep, among others:
- Cognitive decline.
- Easy to forget.
- Yawning severe.
- Symptoms similar to ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Disorders moral judgment.
- Reduced responsiveness and accuracy.
- Vibration (fever or chills).
- Pain or muscle pain.
Well, that's some bad impacts that could occur if someone is having trouble sleeping. So do not underestimate these situation.
How to Overcome Insomnia (difficulty sleeping)
Instead of taking medication, you can try to overcome insomnia or disturbed sleep with a few tips below :
1. Doing regular exercise. Exercise should be done in the morning, instead of a few hours before bedtime. By exercising regularly, becomes optimal health and can fight stress better.
2. Avoid eating and drinking too much before bed.
3. Sleep in a comfortable environment. At bedtime, turn off the lights, turn off the things that make noise, make sure you are comfortable with the temperature of the room to sleep, and keep the clock from view that can make you anxious because they have not been asleep.
4. Reducing the consumption of drinks that are stimulants or keep you awake like tea, coffee, cigarettes.
5. Eat light foods that contain fewer carbohydrates before bed.
6. A shower or a warm bath 30 minutes or an hour before bedtime.
7. Sleep and wake up in a regular time period every day.
8. Drink a glass of warm milk.
9. Use the bed only for sleeping. This will make the body to adjust to the environment bed.
10. Clear your mind of all worries. One solution could be to pour your thoughts in a medium. It could also do meditation.
Another thing you need to know well is to avoid stress, because the body will not fall asleep while being comfortable when experiencing stress. Try to resolve your problem before it's time to sleep, to avoid you awake at night. Hopefully reviews like the above ways to overcome insomnia can be beneficial to you.