Diarrhea may be related to a viral or bacterial infection and is sometimes the result of food poisoning. The condition commonly known as traveler’s diarrhea occurs when you’ve been exposed to bacteria or parasites while on vacation to developing countries. (healthline.com)
Impaired Skin integrity
Altered epidermis and/or dermis
- Invasion of body structures;
- destruction of skin layers (dermis);
- disruption of skin surface (epidermis)
Nursing Care Plan for Diarrhea - Nursing Diagnosis : Risk for Impaired Skin integrity :perianal related to increased frequency of bowel movements (diarrhea)
Goal: Impaired skin integrity is resolved
- Integrity of the skin returns to normal
- No irritation
Interventions and Rational :
1. Assess skin damage / irritation every bowel movement.
R /: Knowing how much damage.
2. Discuss and explain the importance of keeping the beds.
R /: Environmental cleanliness and beds, can reduce the irritation and infection.
3. Demonstrate and involve families in caring for perianal (when wet, and dressed down as well as the base).
R /: Humid temperatures accelerate the irritation.
4. Adjust the position or sitting with 2-3 hour intervals.
R /: Position adjustment can help improve comfort.
Source : http://nandahealth.blogspot.com/2013/09/risk-for-impaired-skin-integrity.html