- There are no risk factors for infection
- free of symptoms of infection,
- normal leukocyte numbers (4-11000)
- vital signs within normal limits.
Control of infection:
- Clean up the environment after use for other patients.
- Limit visitor when necessary and recommended for adequate rest.
- Instruct patient’s family to wash their hands before and after contact with the client.
- Use anti-microbe soap for hand washing.
- Make hand washing before and after nursing actions.
- Use clothes and gloves as a protective device.
- Maintain aseptic environment during the installation of equipment.
- Perform wound care, and dresing infusion, catheter every day if any.
- Increase intake of nutrients, and adequate fluid.
- Give antibiotics according to the program.
- Monitor signs and symptoms of systemic and local infections.
- Monitor granulocytes and WBC count.
- Monitor susceptibility to infection.
- Maintain aseptic technique for each action.
- Inspection of the skin and mucous mebran redness, heat.
- Monitor changes in energy levels.
- Encourage clients to improve mobility and exercise.
- Instruct the client to take antibiotics according to the program.
- Teach family / client about the signs and symptoms of infection and report suspected infection.
Source : http://nandanursing.com/risk-for-infection-nursing-care-plan-for-anemia.html