Goal: Demonstrate the ability of the gastrointestinal tract, to remove feces effectively
Expected outcomes: patients showed:
- Intestinal motility 5-35 x / min
- No abdominal distension
- Clients do not straining during defecation
- The structure of soft stool
1. Encourage increased fluid intake and a diet rich in fiber.
Rational: softens the stool and increasing stool mass.
2. Encourage clients to enhance mobilization within the limits of exercise tolerance.
Rationale: Increase stool evacuation
3. Emphasize avoidance of straining during defecation.
Rational: To prevent changes in vital signs.
4. Collaboration: for the administration of laxatives and enemas when needed.
Rationale: To dilute the stool.
5. Intestinal peristaltic auscultation.
Rationale: Knowing the level of success of the intervention.