Hydramnios is a condition where the amount of amniotic fluid is more than normal or more than two liters.
Polihydramnion or hydramnios are defined as a situation where the amount of amniotic fluid exceeding 2 liters. While the clinic is the buildup of excessive amniotic fluid, causing discomfort to the patient.
That we often encounter is a mild hydramnios, with the amount of fluid 2-3 liters. Rarely severe and acute. The frequency of chronic hydramnios is 0.5-1%. Incidence of congenital anomalies more often we find in hydramnios that is equal to 17.7 to 29%. Hydramnios often occurs along with:
a. Multiple pregnancy (12.5%),
b. Hydrops foetalis
c. Diabetes mellitus
d. Toxemia gravidarum
e. Fetal malformations, especially anencephalus and atresia in esophagei
f. Erythroblastosis fetalis
1. Very large belly. For example, at six weeks gestation, as was the age of eight to nine months of pregnancy.
2. Back pain during pregnancy.
3. Stomach feels bloated and more toned.
4. Abdominal skin looks shiny.
5. Sometimes abdominal pain when walking.
6. Uterus grows more quickly than they should. Pressure on the diaphragm causes the mother is experiencing shortness of breath.
7. Difficult to monitor fetal heart rate. Fetal body parts difficult to be touched.
a). Looks very distended and tense abdomen, the abdominal skin shiny, clear skin cracks and sometimes flat umbilicus
b). If acute, the mother will look cramped and cyanosis and visible effort to bring its content
a). Stomach tension and tenderness and edema occurred in the abdominal wall, vulva and legs
b). Fundus uteri higher than actual age
c). Part of the fetus difficult to recognize
d). If the location of the head, the head of the fetus can be palpated clearly balotement
e). Because the fetus to move freely and not fixed to the mistakes can occur where the fetus
Fetal heart rate: if it is difficult to hear and be heard only once
Abdominal x-ray photo
a). It appears a shadow shrouded in mist, because the amount of fluid sometimes shadows obscure the fetal
b). Photos rongtgen on hydramnios useful for diagnostics and to determine the etiology.