Anemia is a condition in which the body does not have enough healthy red blood cells. Red blood cells provide oxygen to body tissues.
- Chest pain
- Dizziness or light-headedness (especially when standing up or with activity)
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Problems concentrating
- Shortness of breath (especially during exercise)
Nursing Diagnosis for Anemia
- Activity Intolerance
- Impaired oral mucous membrane
- Imbalanced Nutrition: Less than Body Requirements
- Risk for Infection
- Risk for deficient fluid volume
- Deficient Knowledge regarding condition, prognosis, treatment, self-care, prevention of crisis, and discharge needs,
- Ineffective coping
- Ineffective thermoregulation.